• Suzanne A

  • Parent

  • Rewards 33

Questions [2]

Questions they have asked

  • I am moving local authorities (Havering to Surrey) but am due to go to tribunal beginning of May on a refusal to issue. We now have got our address in ...

    ... Surrey but are continuing to maintain our house in Havering whilst we pursue the EHCP. I am concerned about transferring our case over to Surrey at this late stage in proceedings.
    If I do, can Surrey apply to change the tribunal dates, apply for extra time to gather new evidence or in any other way delay the process, i.e. could they argue that they need to conduct their own assessments and extend the process?
    I am also considering having a WP discussion with the head of the LA to request if she will consider issuing an EHCP with EOTAS. This is due to the fact that I know one of the reasons she agreed to my younger son’s EHCP was on the assumption that we would be leaving Havering and no longer be a financial burden to her. I could explain to her that we have not gone back on our word but that we would like to complete the EHCP process before we sell our house in Havering.
    Finally, if Havering agree to issue before tribunal, could Surrey then seek to amend the provision contained in the EHCP (I will be requesting EOTAS with a view to a SEN provision in the future) when I transfer it? Thank you for taking the time to read these questions - any input would be most gratefully received.

    Suzanne A

    31 Jan 2023

    Watched by 1
  • I received my son's EHCP complete with an EOTAS package yesterday from our borough. They are now working on the DP part of it as we have a personal budget. However (now that I've got this legal document in place) we are moving our son to another borough (we already have a residence here there). Should I tell the issuing borough this already, before they set up all the PB details or inform my new borough straight away?

    We were in the middle of an EHCP application when we had to move boroughs for my other child (child A) to attend a SEN school. Rather than stop the process (we were due to go to tribunal but thankfully the LA asked us to reconsider and we were able to work out a great eotas package), we maintained our property in the old borough and essentially split the family so that one parent was with child A in the new borough for his school and one parent was with child B in the old borough whilst we worked on finalising his EHCP.
    Yesterday we finally received the completed EHCP with advise that the DP team will be in touch so we can start putting section F into effect.
    My question is - Do I tell the issuing borough not to go ahead with setting up the DP as we are moving child B to be with the rest of the family in the new borough?
    Or does that look suspicious; should I let them go ahead and set it up and then inform our new borough of the move?
    Also, I am aware it will take time to get the DP set up in the new borough and that they might even choose to question the EOTAS package. I would ideally like to start using some of the location non-specific funds e.g. resources and subscriptions asap as opposed to tutors and clubs. I have already spent two years fighting for this and time is of the essence now to get my son the support he needs.
    Any advice or input would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks for your support.

    Suzanne A

    06 Jun 2023

    Watched by 4

Answers [0]

Questions they have answered