I don’t want school to attend mediation. Refusal to issue. The school see no issues, whereas my daughter is in the verge of EBSA. They have never ...
... supported any referrals, despite my persistent requests since reception. I finally paid for a dyslexia assessment in Y3 which identified moderate dyslexia but recommended SALT & ASD assessment. The ASD referral was refused at triage as school information said she was fine. So I paid for those assessments too. She was diagnosed Autistic & SALT highlighted language difficulties, following instructions 0.4 percentile, her other scores were 2 percentile or below apart from 1 which was 40 percentile which is how SALT thought her lack of understanding was being missed. I have seen via SAR school stating my child has no issues & that it is me. The mediation company have invited the school and the Headteacher & SENDCO are attending. I really don’t want them there but the Mediation company said they have to. I also asked for just one decision maker from the LA attend but I have been told the manager & case worker have to attend. I have also been diagnosed Autistic & I feel intimidated. I thought it was up to the parties in the mediation to request who is invited, not the mediator.
Can my child be placed enrol if Sections B&F are still outstanding but I is agreed?
Appeal against B, F & I. The LA have conceded on I. Placement is a non s41 school which my son started last week. The LA have updated their position to tribunal & placement is agreed in the working document. We are not yet agreed on B & F but the outstanding issues aren’t going to result in huge changes to provision however the school have now informed me that until the plan is finalised he can’t be placed enrol, so can’t attend full time and his place is at risk as he can’t be in transition for this length of time. With the appeal date so far away surely I can’t be forced to agree B & F or lose the school ?
Is it legal for the LA to enrol my child in a school without my knowledge ?
I am going to tribunal to appeal most of my son’s EHCP including the school named by the LA in section I.
He was on roll at a primary school till the end of year six but hasn’t attended for four years.
I’ve just found out by chance (I wasn’t notified of this by the school or the LA), that my son has been put on roll at the school named by the LA.
My son and I have been very clear that there is no intention or expectation from us that he would be able to attend this school as it can’t meet his needs and is completely unsuitable.
I’m concerned that the school may be receiving funding whilst my son is receiving no education from the LA.
Also, I’ve been told that if a child is on roll at a special school (which this school is), the parent had to ask permission if they wish to deregister to EHE.
Has any Local Authority ever funded the building of a classroom at home for EOTAS?
Evidence for tribunal
What's the next step if a local authority agrees to name the parents school preference? Does the appeal get cancelled in light of LA's decision?
The final appeal date is near.
What happens if the LA don't comply with an order from the court. I don't know who is representing the L.A, communication has ceased. The court bundle was supposed to be submitted this afternoon and our court date is next week?
I've named a school place. The L.A were supposed to name their preference ahead of the appeal date next week.
What happens if your appeal date is imminent and the leagl team reperesenting the Local Authority withdraws.
Today was the final date to submit evidence on our choice of school for our child. I was also awaiting evidence from the legal team acting on behalf of the LA. They informed me they have not been instructed and ceased to act on their behalf.
If a school states that placing your child in their school renders the efficient education or use of resources. Is a judge still likely to overturn this if witness statements and evidence from the schools support their view point. What evidence can I bring to challenge this?
I will need to submit further evidence before the hearing.
I have received the consult response from SEND schools from the local authority Solicitor. When I respond back with my evidence /comments do I include all parties involved in the case and report back on which school I want named?
My child's case is at the tribunal as the local authority wants to place my child at a school 1 hour away outside of the local area. All other schools in our local area have reported being oversubscribed, not able to meet his needs. Additionally some state that my child would impact negatively on the needs of other existing students due to lack of resources and capacity.
If a court instructs you to submit evidence by a certain time on a specific day. Is it best to wait and submit to all parties earlier or to wait and submit nearer to the submission time?